Ukraine

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Ukraine

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://asiatimes.com/2022/03/russia-us ... ar-tactic/

Russian government issued a decree saying that Russian companies are no longer obliged to compensate owners of patents, utility models and industrial designs from “unfriendly” countries.

This means that Russian businesses can use intellectual property, such as patented inventions or fashion designs, without having to pay or seek the consent of the rights holders.
Historical examples date back to the first world war, when the US introduced the Trading With the Enemy Act.

Aspirin trademark owned by the German pharmaceutical company Bayer was given up to the US, France, UK and Russia, as part of Germany’s war reparations agreed in the Treaty of Versailles.

China probably preparing this too, just in case Biden starts singin :lol: .. China could exit the patent agreement

This normal

Swiss, did exit the patent agreement, copied all German chemical patents, when Swiss became strong in Chemical stuff, they re-rentered patent agreement again.

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

And now the habsburg archduke pops up from whatever gutter he's in to tell us how the ukraine are the real russians and the muscovy is just a dirty khanate horde:
Karl von Habsburg is the current head of the House of Habsburg and the oldest grandson of the last Habsburg Emperor, Charles I. Business Ukraine magazine asked him how his Habsburg heritage has influenced his understanding of contemporary Ukrainian nation-building efforts and why he thinks Ukraine's Revolution of Dignity is such a significant event in modern European history.

The international media often views Ukraine through the prism of the country's Soviet and Russian imperial past. To what extent do you think we can talk of contemporary Ukraine as a post-Habsburg as well as a post-Soviet society?

KvH: One of the Russian legends states that there is no Ukrainian nation and Austria created Ukraine in the final stages of WWI. It is a fact that (Habsburg Prince) Archduke Wilhelm was very pro-Ukrainian and supported the country wherever he could, but I would say that these claims are just Russian propaganda. Ukraine has a long European tradition stretching back to the Kyiv Rus, whereas the Russian Empire can be seen as the result of the Mongol Khanate. The Ukrainian state first emerged at the end of WWI and Austria supported it. The western parts of Ukraine were formerly part of the Habsburg Empire and influenced by the culture of this multi-national empire. Soviet influence might be still present in some structures in the modern Ukrainian political system, but the country is carrying out major reforms.
Habsburg Heritage: Karl von Habsburg on the historic legacy of Ukraine's European roots
Heracleum Persicum

How Secret CIA Program Led To Russian Invasion Of Ukraine

https://greatgameindia.com/secret-cia-program-ukraine/

According to Yahoo News, CIA paramilitaries have been training Ukrainian troops on the forefront of the Donbas battle against Russian-backed separatists throughout 2014 and were only withdrawn out under the Biden administration last month.

Imagine if Chinese or Russians would arm and train mexican gangs :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

The **case** is made that Russia cannot win in Ukraine. IE Russia can take the territory but can't afford to hold it. Doesn't mean it will happen this way, but the CaspianReport is a good military and geopolitical analysis site.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeacXBxPARQ[/youtube]

BeacXBxPARQ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:
the west doesnt want or need 5 billion more people, let them develop, them eat Russian culture in all its glory...Chinese culture.,. they can have it all.

no point talking in 100 year, 1000 year long term strategy, the west operates on 3 years, 10 years at most strategy, their is no plan, no culture, just the short term maximisation of whoever is in power at the moment.

we have a billion people of the highest standard in the world in all science and art fields, we will do just fine over the rest of my lifetime, we already have the best bit of Chinese culture , which is dim sum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HKs45s1G0

Your wish already in progress

Christal clear, noddy

Arabs now sensing Western weakness and coming out of closet, no pretension anymore

India buying all the surplus Russian oil .. MBS not taking Biden call

Look .. boys seem not wisened up

1st big mistake was when Bush senior thought now that Communism no more he can double down on past policies

That policy lead where we today

Now US making the 2nd big mistake .. driving Russia into China's arm

Result already visible .. ducks not lining up anymore .. India , Arabs, Brazil , Mexico , South Africa , Iran etc

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:32 pm .

How Secret CIA Program Led To Russian Invasion Of Ukraine

https://greatgameindia.com/secret-cia-program-ukraine/

According to Yahoo News, CIA paramilitaries have been training Ukrainian troops on the forefront of the Donbas battle against Russian-backed separatists throughout 2014 and were only withdrawn out under the Biden administration last month.

Imagine if Chinese or Russians would arm and train mexican gangs :lol:

"But the CIA !!" Now that sound familiar. Though I do take your point. However it is not the CIA so much as the cabal of world elitists that did it. The CIA is just their foot soldiers.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
However it is not the CIA so much as the cabal of world elitists that did it. The CIA is just their foot soldiers.

Yes
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.rt.com/news/552358-pakistan ... cy-russia/

Prime Minister Imran Khan tips hat to New Delhi’s ‘independent foreign policy’ over Russia-Ukraine conflict

The PM explained why he refused to join the international chorus condemning Russia for its attack on Ukraine, saying that Pakistan would have gained nothing by complying with the demand.

The diplomats representing nearly two dozen missions, including EU countries along with Japan, Switzerland, Canada, the UK and Australia, “broke protocol by making the request” in a March 1 letter, he added.

Told you , neither the lion LION used 2B, nor the the lam LAM used 2B
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:09 am
Der Spiegel - Ivan Krastev; | "Putin Lives in Historic Analogies and Metaphors"

In this regards, not unlike a woke young American.

Foreign policy of any nation, are long term policy and plans .. no nation goes into a big war based what the leader, president or a team around them decides

Speaking of "isolation , a prisoner of his own rhetoric" bagateling what really at play

My take is :

After sowjet fall, West thought to neutralize future Russia, best is to "encircle" Russia With NATO

Year's later, say post 2010 , when Russia had risen up (a bit), WEST became aware of China danger

That was when West decided to destabilize Russia .. Victoria Nuland, CIA started their script.

Russian leader were aware of this and protested with no result

Things were not right for Russia to act .. Russia knew things will end up in military action and was preparing things for yrs

US losing Afghanistan in that manner, gave Russia an opening to "clean the barn" in Ukraine

This Russian national interest and security .. ZERO to do with Putin or anybody else

West Knew all this

But

West not concerned about Ukraine, West wants to drag this on idea being to weaken Russia (in China team) so that next coming clash with China Russia is weakened.

Unfortunately all this will lead to total destruction of Ukraine, What West does not mind as long as Russia is a less potent partner in China team.

West now confronting with "unintended consequences"

Arabs, India, Pakistan , Mexico , brazil, Iran , Turkey , South Africa , Algeria etc etc etc , either teaming up with Russia/China, or, not supporting West. Smaller countries are bullied and threatened to side with West .. but , ducks not lining up anymore

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4337&start=475#p159475

This weakens Western hand
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Pretty much
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:31 am
Pretty much

This International version of .. Der Spiegel

https://www.spiegel.de/international/

From A to Z low level anti Russian propaganda

Not a single balance truthful article

Seems Germans forgot lesson learned of Hitler time
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The mistake of NATO / Europe is to not immediately make Ukraine a NATO member in 2015 and after that offer same to Russia.

If Russia would have refused becoming part of NATO because thinking it is too special and different from West and still crying Putin baby tears over collapse "Romantic" USSR, then install full defense capabilities in NATO area close enough to Crazy-Russia's borders to keep those mental midgets in check for as long as necessary. And Europe get all its gas and oil from non-Russian suppliers, notably from the USA under a Trump energy politics. And invest in new safe nuclear energy like it is your last chance in life.

But all the above windows of opportunity have closed long ago. The meat grinders have just started and won't stop any time soon.

One of the most astonishing factoids to me is how Biden and NATO communicated to Putin they wouldn't stand in his way when it was clear he wanted to invade and rape Ukraine big time. I always thought part of a good deterrence is to never tell your enemy what your plans are, how far you might be able and willing to go. Such a strategy is called "mad dog deterrence". You never know when a mad dog will attack and bite.. or just bark. Or talk like an angel of peace and then ambush you.
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

pretty much.

draw a bloody line, its quite simple.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:35 pm
noddy wrote:
the west doesnt want or need 5 billion more people, let them develop, them eat Russian culture in all its glory...Chinese culture.,. they can have it all.

no point talking in 100 year, 1000 year long term strategy, the west operates on 3 years, 10 years at most strategy, their is no plan, no culture, just the short term maximisation of whoever is in power at the moment.

we have a billion people of the highest standard in the world in all science and art fields, we will do just fine over the rest of my lifetime, we already have the best bit of Chinese culture , which is dim sum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HKs45s1G0

Your wish already in progress

Christal clear, noddy

Arabs now sensing Western weakness and coming out of closet, no pretension anymore

India buying all the surplus Russian oil .. MBS not taking Biden call

Look .. boys seem not wisened up

1st big mistake was when Bush senior thought now that Communism no more he can double down on past policies

That policy lead where we today

Now US making the 2nd big mistake .. driving Russia into China's arm

Result already visible .. ducks not lining up anymore .. India , Arabs, Brazil , Mexico , South Africa , Iran etc

I dont wish for anything - this is not my opinion on what SHOULD happen, its my opinion on what WILL happen.

different things entireley, what i think should happen is irrelevant, I dont run Germany or France.

I also think yuou are kidding yourself if you think China will be different to Europe - it will be the same mix of some businessman doing the right thing and creating jobs for the locals, but all the important work will be just bribing local offficials and bringing over trusted Chinese and the locals will get nothing.

Chinese are not better people than Europeans, any plan that expects a new world order based on China being different is a plan thats going to fail.

China is also not going to support Russia *enough* to upset the Europans and Americans - they want cheap oil and gas but they arent wanting to shut off the 2 biggest markets in the world over it.

same with India - its negotiating for 50% off the gas bill from Russia AHAAHHAHA, good luck to them - the west will get some cheap industry then :) :)
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:06 am
The mistake of NATO / Europe is to not immediately make Ukraine a NATO member in 2015 and after that offer same to Russia.

If Russia would have refused becoming part of NATO because thinking it is too special and different from West and still crying Putin baby tears over collapse "Romantic" USSR, then install full defense capabilities in NATO area close enough to Crazy-Russia's borders to keep those mental midgets in check for as long as necessary. And Europe get all its gas and oil from non-Russian suppliers, notably from the USA under a Trump energy politics. And invest in new safe nuclear energy like it is your last chance in life.

:lol: :lol:

After collapse of USSR , Boris Yeltsin trusted Western "good intention" .. Yeltsin, pretty much, handed over Russia to Americans, Russian economy, Russian military, Russian nuclear stuff .. pretty much everything

Harvard economist (supposedly) were shaping Russian economy , CIA (openly) was shaping Russian military and everything else

After a while , Boris Yeltsin realized the mistake .. and pulled the alarm handle .. Putin

Putin stabilized Russia, ended the Chechen war ..

Putin, was close to Gerhard Schröder and later Angela Merkel, and, believed Europe wanted "include" Russia in.

That is when Russia, Putin, applied and asked for Russia be NATO member

West said NO

If West ment good with Russia, Russia could have become a NATO and even EU candidate in waiting .. that would have made Russia work towards European and Western standards, maybe move towards "liberalism" etc etc.

But

At that time, West was already "conspiring" against Russia

Putin tried and tried with West ..

October 2007, In Munich security conference, when Putin demanded answers , West said to Putin to "F*ck off"

16 October 2007 .. He left the Munich conference, flow directly to Tehran

https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/view/up ... in-Tehran/

That was when Putin realized Western intention re Russia

That is when the REAL "axes of evil" .. China-Russia-Iran .. took shape

https://english.ahram.org.eg/News/43678.aspx

Russia was preparing all and was waiting for the right moment

Western (US & NATO) plan in Afghanistan was to use Afghanistan as jumping board into "Central Asia" to confront China and Russia in central Asia, to hinder land route of "Silk and Belt Road"

Watershed was catastrophic American retreat in the form all the world saw on TV

Western hand weakening

West tried to pull a fast one on Russia in Kazakhstan (NATO's Turkey directing) .. Putin stopped that and cleaned up the rubbish

That is when West, NATO, Europe and everybody else knew, Ukraine days were numbered .. there was no use anymore to play hide & seek .. CIA and other assets where pulled out of Ukraine waiting for the BANG
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

HP, I'm only saying what might have happened not what actually happened. It would have been nice if Russia joined NATO with a mutual consent and understanding of how to go about the future of a NATO that includes Russia and a host of other new nations that were newly liberated from the rapist USSR Empire that only just collapsed.

The chance of Russia joining NATO any time soon was close to zero of course for a plethora of reasons. A major one being that a Rapist USSR that just got caught and castrated only a week ago.. would not be be welcomed immediately by a NATO whose reason to exist was to protect its members from that rogue barbaric rapist USSR Empire that embodied the worst of both fascism and communism. Especially given that a number of the victims of that USSR rape were still recovering in Eastern Europe and finding a new national identity and stability.

Second reason was more simple and an immediate killer of the idea of Russia joining NATO: Russia wanted to become NATO member but demanded Ukraine and Georgia not becoming member. That of course was immediate proof of Russia not being ready for NATO membership.

Rapist USSR was finished, standing there with pants down.. it didn't come to terms yet with its new smaller sized territorial identity. It is rather humiliating to find yourself exposed with a much smaller dick, one testicle less and the women you used to rape no longer available because they prefer another guy with a much bigger dick and who is also more civilized, Jocko West.

Breaking Down the Complicated Relationship Between Russia and NATO
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:31 pm HP, I'm only saying what might have happened not what actually happened. It would have been nice if Russia joined NATO with a mutual consent and understanding of how to go about the future of a NATO that includes Russia and a host of other new nations that were newly liberated from the rapist USSR Empire that only just collapsed.

The chance of Russia joining NATO any time soon was close to zero of course for a plethora of reasons. A major one being that a Rapist USSR that just got caught and castrated only a week ago.. would not be be welcomed immediately by a NATO whose reason to exist was to protect its members from that rogue barbaric rapist USSR Empire that embodied the worst of both fascism and communism. Especially given that a number of the victims of that USSR rape were still recovering in Eastern Europe and finding a new national identity and stability.

Second reason was more simple and an immediate killer of the idea of Russia joining NATO: Russia wanted to become NATO member but demanded Ukraine and Georgia not becoming member. That of course was immediate proof of Russia not being ready for NATO membership.

Rapist USSR was finished, standing there with pants down.. it didn't come to terms yet with its new smaller sized territorial identity. It is rather humiliating to find yourself exposed with a much smaller dick, one testicle less and the women you used to rape no longer available because they prefer another guy with a much bigger dick and who is also more civilized, Jocko West.

Breaking Down the Complicated Relationship Between Russia and NATO

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... n-his-rule

George Robertson, a former Labour defence secretary who led Nato between 1999 and 2003, said Putin made it clear at their first meeting that he wanted Russia to be part of western Europe. “They wanted to be part of that secure, stable prosperous west that Russia was out of at the time,” he said.

Question is WHY Europe did not want Russia in NATO ?

That the million Dollar question

Russia in NATO would be Russian threat would be no more

AND

Russia in NATO, West would have Russia in the western team confronting China

Wrong policies result is, now Russia in China team

One must ask WHY Russia was not "included" into Europe ? ?

I think (and Putin said in his recent interview that I have the link) West was planning to "disintegrate, partition" Russia to smaller nations.

Russians know this now and will stick and look to the east , China (and Iran)

All this now benefitting smaller nations and teams , Arabs, India, Iran, Brazil, South Africa, Algeria, etc etc .. their position in new World setup is enhanced, their vote now "worth something", before , West took them for granted .. Now , MBS not taking Biden call and will now accept Yian for Oil, is the "payback" to US when Trump said to King Salmon face that without US support he would not last a week.

World has changed
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:06 am The mistake of NATO / Europe is to not immediately make Ukraine a NATO member in 2015 and after that offer same to Russia.

But all the above windows of opportunity have closed long ago. The meat grinders have just started and won't stop any time soon.

One of the most astonishing factoids to me is how Biden and NATO communicated to Putin they wouldn't stand in his way when it was clear he wanted to invade and rape Ukraine big time. I always thought part of a good deterrence is to never tell your enemy what your plans are, how far you might be able and willing to go. Such a strategy is called "mad dog deterrence". You never know when a mad dog will attack and bite.. or just bark. Or talk like an angel of peace and then ambush you.
Looks like a lack of brains and testicles among western leftists.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:56 am pretty much.

draw a bloody line, its quite simple.
Really. Anywhere you draw a line it will be tested. Goes back to your group not having testicles
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:42 pm [...]
Looks like a lack of brains and testicles among western leftists.
If you insist.. ;)

The current NATO problem is that the political process that is required before big balled action even occurs takes way too much time. Especiallv when article 5 is to be evoked, the chance is real that there will not be a consensus among NATO members how and when to act. Whatever the action will be, most likely it will be too late. Putin can snap his fingers for action, NATO needs months. Bureaucrats with spectrum autism in the top brass are the castrates. Maybe they are leftists too, idk.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/21/scie ... raine.html

Today, both Russia and the United States have nuclear arms that are much less destructive — their power just fractions of the Hiroshima bomb’s force, their use perhaps less frightening and more thinkable.

Russian troops have long practiced the transition from conventional to nuclear war, especially as a way to gain the upper hand after battlefield losses.

“It feels horrible to talk about these things,” Dr. Kühn said in an interview. “But we have to consider that this is becoming a possibility.”

Both US and Russia (not sure China) are preparing to use "small battlefield tactical nuke", this no secret.

Reason US did not use "small battlefield tactical nuke" in Afghanistan was not humanitarian reason. US did not lose any battle in Afghanistan (won all the battles and lost all the wars since Korea war) and there was nobody to scare

Russia/Ukraine different now .. Russia using a "small battlefield tactical nuke" is a message to Baltic, east Europe and later to West Europe.

Message to Baltic (and east europe) would be, don't count on NATO .. and to West Europe would be "don't count on US"
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 pm

I answered that. Russia not ready to become member. Minimal requirement is being a somewhat civilized country that:

1) has stable borders,
2) respects borders of other nations,
3) has a fair score on human rights, free speech, free press, healthy democracy with diversity of thought.

In other words: a reliable and stable adult. Russia not there yet. Under Putin back to barbarism, kleptocracy, gangsterism. Maybe Putin last Czar. We will know in 5 years.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:59 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 pm

I answered that. Russia not ready to become member. Minimal requirement is being a somewhat civilized country that:

1) has stable borders,
2) respects borders of other nations,
3) has a fair score on human rights, free speech, free press, healthy democracy with diversity of thought.

In other words: a reliable and stable adult. Russia not there yet. Under Putin back to barbarism, kleptocracy, gangsterism. Maybe Putin last Czar. We will know in 5 years.

:lol: :lol:

1 ) Russia had one of the most stable borders European last 300 yrs history.

2 ) Those who were not respecting other nations borders were Bonaparte, Hitler in Europe .. and .. Brits and Dutch and French all over the world

Where did Russia not respect any other national borders (attention: this a baiting question :D ) ?

3 ) Human rights :lol: :lol: .. any Genocide in Russian history ? wiping off all indiginin in Africa, Australia , America, or Dutch doing all those terrible things in Indonesia or Japan pickling alive Chinese in manchuria or Brits beheading Chinese patriot on Shanghai streets ?

Recommendation to Western Europeans is get off the horse and walk .

There a reason that now Algeria siding with China, same India and Pakistan and Iran and Brazil and South America and and and

Now Europe in weak position .. on one side is US pushing Europe , on the other side are Russia-China-Iran

So, Europe should get off the horse and walk

Europe now in a very weak position ..