Syria

Nonc Hilaire

Re: The Syria Thread

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I doubt there is a solid "Assad vs. rebels" thing going on in Syria. I imagine there are many factions on all sides with no clear cut boundaries or territories, but the war machine won't start without a white hat/black hat dichotomy.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

The UK parliament, voted against action on Syria, despite Cameron's pleading. As the rest of Europe will be even less enthusiastic, the US would be on its own here.

It's not the facts of the case, although they are less than 100% clear, Blame the legacy of Iraqi WMD and the morass that is Afghanistan.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Obama on his own.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Torchwood wrote:The UK parliament, voted against action on Syria, despite Cameron's pleading. As the rest of Europe will be even less enthusiastic, the US would be on its own here.

It's not the facts of the case, although they are less than 100% clear, Blame the legacy of Iraqi WMD and the morass that is Afghanistan.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Torchwood.
the US would be on its own here.
Given that only 9% of US support it, it would be pretty much Arrogant, Lying, Lazy, Duty Station Deserting, MOUTHY*, Son of a Bitch Eating Obama who would be on his own....

Blame the legacy of Iraqi WMD and the morass that is Afghanistan.
Also Libya & especially Benghazi...... Another fiasco of Arrogant, Lying, Lazy, Duty Station Deserting, MOUTHY*, Son of a Bitch Eating Obama and his bitch Hillary.....

At least the British seem to know when to say "No" (Sir Mike Jackson in Kosovo & here in Syria) and when to go (Benghazi)

Hoping that the British "No" stops Arrogant, Lying, Lazy, Duty Station Deserting, MOUTHY*, Son of a Bitch Eating Obama from messing in Syria....

Now if we can do likewise on Obamacare :D :D :D

*Talks about "Red Lines" but really it's about his ego..... Tells ASSad to step down when he is the one who should resign......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
YMix

Post by YMix »

9RC1Mepk_Sw
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Thanks, YMix. Everyone should see that video. I applaud General Clark for his honesty, which no doubt has made him powerful enemies.
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I doubt there is a solid "Assad vs. rebels" thing going on in Syria. I imagine there are many factions on all sides with no clear cut boundaries or territories, but the war machine won't start without a white hat/black hat dichotomy.
Good point.

It isn't surprising that the folks pushing the hardest for war are trying their hardest to make the situation should as simple as possible and telling some pretty amazing tall tales to that end.
cultivate a white rose
monster_gardener

I Do Not Trust You, Wesley Clark.......

YMix wrote:9RC1Mepk_Sw
Thank you Very Much for your post, YMix

I largely agree with Clark about oil being the main reason people pay attention to the Mad Ole East ;-) :twisted: oops I mean Middle East*

But I don't NOT trust Clark, the man who almost started WW3 with Russians in Kosovo which was barely stopped thanks to 2 brave British soldiers....

Pristina International Airport incident
One of Clark's most debated decisions during his SACEUR command was his attempted operation to attack Russian troops at Pristina International Airport immediately after the end of the Kosovo War in June 1999. A joint NATO–Russia peacekeeping operation was supposed to police Kosovo. Russia wanted their peacekeeping force to operate independent of NATO, but NATO refused. British forces were supposed to occupy Pristina International Airport, but a contingent of Russian troops arrived before they did and took control of the airport. Clark called then-Secretary General of NATO Javier Solana, who told him "you have transfer of authority" in the area. General Clark then issued an order for the NATO troops to attack and "overpower" the armed Russian troops, but Captain James Blount leading the British troops questioned this order[81] and was supported in this decision by General Mike Jackson, the British commander of the Kosovo Force. Jackson refused to sanction the attack, reportedly saying "I'm not going to start the Third World War for you."[82][83] Jackson has said he refused to take action because he did not believe it was worth the risk of a military confrontation with the Russians, instead insisting that troops encircle the airfield. After two days of standoff and negotiations, NATO agreed to an independent Russian peacekeeping force, and Russia relinquished control of the airport. The refusal was criticized by some senior U.S. military personnel, with American general Hugh Shelton calling Jackson's refusal "troubling". During hearings in the United States Senate, Senator John Warner suggested that the refusal might have been illegal, and that if it was legal rules potentially should be changed.[84] British Chief of the Defence Staff Charles Guthrie agreed with Jackson.[85]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Cla ... t_incident

The rest of what Clark says may be true or false but I am suspicious of it.......

Some DemoRrats ;) have wanted Clark to be a DemocRat Eisenhower.....

I still remember a buffoonish DemocRat editorial promoting Clark as having the Military charisma DemocRats needed :roll:

But if you want peace, IMVHO, Clark may not be your man....

Clinton chose him as SACEUR because he was interventionist.....
Clark has said that he began to truly define his politics only after his military retirement and the 2000 presidential election, won by George W. Bush. Clark had a conversation with Condoleezza Rice in which she told him that the war in Kosovo would not have occurred under Bush. Clark found such an administration unsettling, as he had been selected for the SACEUR position because he believed more in the interventionist policies of the Clinton administration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Cla ... l_campaign

I may be wrong but I do not trust Wesley Clark.
I do not like to hear him bark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fell_ ... Discipline

*Another one being that the Arabs/Muslim lost their military advantage/equivalency over the West and the rest of the World that they were and too often still are out to conquer for Allah. iMVHO watch out if they get that back.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Sorry Pepe, T with Cheese would have been appropriate, but they didn't chose it. Let's just say it will include a word that rhymes with "thimble."

I'm starting to think those damn TLAMs were our worst military invention...a weapon that served a specific purpose (take out deep targets, especially strategic SAM radars, so our pilots wouldn't be at risk) that has found a convenient political niche as a diplomatic big stick to "send a message." Pretty f-ing expensive message (is "re-establishing a Red Line worth over $500,000,000?).
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Very good. But is Obama smart enough to understand it?...
monster_gardener

Obama's Arrogance vs. Intelligence......

Endovelico wrote:
Very good. But is Obama smart enough to understand it?...
Thank You Very Much for your post, Endovelico.

It's not a matter of Obama being smart/intelligent which he is.....

IMHO the problem is that Obama is Arrogant, Lazy, Lying to himself and others, & mouthy in addition to being Duty Station Deserting* and a Son of a Bitch Eater.

"Smart" people do foolish things....

Their Depraved, Sinful, Egotistical, Chaotic Nature overcomes their intelligence........

Which is why Diligence & Wisdom frequently overcomes Intelligence........

A less intelligent person who was not as sure of himself or herself might hesitate and not go into a mess like Syria.....

Maybe Obama will pull back... Tinker believes he is good at electioneering which includes things like polls and only 9% of Uz support attacking Syria.

But if he doesn't IMVHO it will be more of a matter of arrogance rather than intelligence.

He will have proved himself to be perhaps even more arrogant than George W. Bush.....

* like his representative to the UN also is.....
UN Ambassador Samantha Power missed crucial meeting on Syria because she was on holiday in Ireland where her husband was guest speaker at comedy film festival

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... liday.html
Endovelico

The Syria Thread

Post by Endovelico »

Good journalism!...
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Endovelico wrote:.
Very good. But is Obama smart enough to understand it ? ...

Endo

Question not whether Obama smart enough

Question whether American Joe smart enough

Obama following, executing, same "script" as W. and B4 him Bill were following

In fact, Obama quite smart fooling American Joe he not W.

West, leaving, retreating Middle Eastern theater .. and .. seems .. decided, B4 leaving, to cause as much destruction as possible

China and Russia disagree

Putin said it would be “utter nonsense”

The Russian president said it would be “simply disrespectful” of the US not to present its evidence to the UN. “If there is any evidence it should be shown. If it is not shown, then there isn’t any.”

Mr Kerry said the US had “great respect” for the UN but stressed that the weapons inspectors did not have the mandate to apportion blame. He said the US would not necessarily wait for the inspectors’ report but would make “our own decisions based on our own timelines”.

monster_gardener

Games of Pride............

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Endovelico wrote:.
Very good. But is Obama smart enough to understand it ? ...

Endo

Question not whether Obama smart enough

Obama following, executing, same "script" as W. and B4 him Bill were following

In fact, Obama quite smart fooling American Joe he not W.

West, leaving, retreating Middle Eastern theater .. and .. seems .. decided, B4 leaving, to cause as much destruction as possible

China and Russia disagree

Putin said it would be “utter nonsense”

The Russian president said it would be “simply disrespectful” of the US not to present its evidence to the UN. “If there is any evidence it should be shown. If it is not shown, then there isn’t any.”

Mr Kerry said the US had “great respect” for the UN but stressed that the weapons inspectors did not have the mandate to apportion blame. He said the US would not necessarily wait for the inspectors’ report but would make “our own decisions based on our own timelines”.

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

Yes. Only 9% of American Joe & Janes want to attack Syria........
IMVHO not at all.

The problem is pride & arrogance mixed with wanting to do good or at least look good which can be VERY Dangerous....

Arrogant, Lazy, Lying, Duty Station Deserting, Mouthy. Proud President Obama is trapped by Meme that say Gas Warfare is like "Black Magic".......

And by his mouth when he say gas warfare is a red line...........

That may be true but there are other types of "Black Magic" in Syria: Cannibalism & Beheadings of Christians by the Rebels........

Would have been better to just keep mouth shut..........

And even now IMHO best to just to stay out of fight and not waste money better spent on Space Program.........

Not against humanitarian aid to refugees if it is food or medicine.......

But probably really not much point other than pride to a few Tomahawk missiles just so he can say he did something.........

I may be wrong........

Sometimes that is the way Depraved Sinful Egotistical Insane Chaos Monkeys keep score in their games of pride........
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Games of Pride............

monster_gardener wrote:

GOTCHA ("got you" in all other senses, including holding onto a person physically)

look, Monster .. Iranians cancer patient dying from lack of American sanctioned medicine, Iranian people suffering terribly from American economic sanctions, but they not budging, holding tight behind the mad mullahs

and .. You guys saying the mad mullahs not representing public will, ain't democracy

on the other hand

Only 91 % of Americans are against American attacking Syria, following that clown Mc Cain advice .. Kerry the Pinocchio (long long nose) did not learn a lesson from Powel apologizing for his lies .. and, our beloved (highjacked) America (supposed 2B) a democracy ?

:lol: :lol: Caught you pants down

On the other hand, Monster , Why Congress could reject military action in Syria

Lets see whether US congress represents the 91% of Americans

monster_gardener

Democratic Constitutional Republic....

monster_gardener wrote:

GOTCHA ("got you" in all other senses, including holding onto a person physically)

look, Monster .. Iranians cancer patient dying from lack of American sanctioned medicine, Iranian people suffering terribly from American economic sanctions, but they not budging, holding tight behind the mad mullahs

and .. You guys saying the mad mullahs not representing public will, ain't democracy

on the other hand

Only 91 % of Americans are against American attacking Syria, following that clown Mc Cain advice .. Kerry the Pinocchio (long long nose) did not learn a lesson from Powel apologizing for his lies .. and, our beloved (highjacked) America (supposed 2B) a democracy ?

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

and, our beloved (highjacked) America (supposed 2B) a democracy ?

Not at all ;)

Careless Clowns in the Current Culture Call America a Democracy.......

But Constitutionally it ain't ;) so......

AIUI the best description is that we are a democratic Constitutional Republic...

Though we may be turning into a Democratic Bureaucratic Republic :roll:

But currently per the Constitution, we elect leaders and sometimes mis-leaders :twisted: :roll: to represent us and make decisions......

Sometimes we elect an Arrogant, Lazy, Lying, Duty Station Deserting, Mouthy, Son of a Bitch Eater like Obama.....

And have to endure the damage he does till we can find legal ways to frustrate him......

Like passing a resolution against use of force........

Or de-funding Obamacare.........

One problem is that right now Congress is on vacation.......

So the best thing to do is call the White House and politely ;) express your opposition.......

And pray...........

("got you" in all other senses, including holding onto a person physically)
Really, Azari? ;)

Do you really want to rassle a Zhu Bajie :roll: ....... especially if you think his pants are down like Porky's ;) :shock: ..........

You might get raked ;) ;) ;)

Or greased ;)

Or it might be like holding on to a Tar Baby....

Like Syria :roll:

Uz ain't the only one for who Syria may turn very sour........

I don't think we should strike Syria but it would not be wise for Assad or the Iranians to give Netanyahu an excuse do his own strike....

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Dumb@$$ Democrats. Truly dumb morally and intellectually bankrupt people. If this was a Republican they would be burning cities to the ground. Their own of course, but Democrats have always been stupid.
Censorship isn't necessary
monster_gardener

Waiting For Clowngress..........

Mr. Perfect wrote:Dumb@$$ Democrats. Truly dumb morally and intellectually bankrupt people. If this was a Republican they would be burning cities to the ground. Their own of course, but Democrats have always been stupid.
Thank You VERY Much for your Post, Mr. Perfect.

Glad that you are back.

iBS has been gone too.....

Not that I mind that..... ;)
Democrats have always been stupid.
IMVHO not always, though perhaps getting worse........

And with Obama we seem to have a notable example of how stupid a smart person can be if he is Arrogant, Lazy, Lying & Mouthy in addition to being a Duty Station Deserter & Son of a Bitch eater ;) :roll:

Latest news is that he wants to attack within 2 weeks........

Wondering if he is waiting till Clowngress ;) is back in session..........

http://hobnobblog.com/wp-content/upload ... ar_web.pdf

Wondering if he is hoping that they will give him a David Cameron way to back out............

Or if he hopes to get them to hit the Syrian Tar Baby too............

Misery often loves bipartisan company............

And unfortunately there are some Republican Clowngress Clowns willing to ASSist........
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Been busy doing stuff
Heracleum Persicum

Different media reporting that America helped (and instructed) the Al-Qaida in Syria to use Chemical Weapon to blame it on Assad and start bombing Syrian people

Same as US (and Brits and French and Germans) supplying CW to Saddam to kill Iranians

That is what different media now reporting and probably what really happened .. blood of those 1450 Syrians and 400+ infants killed are on American (and Brtis and French) hands

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Democratic Constitutional Republic....

monster_gardener wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:

on the other hand

and, our beloved (highjacked) America (supposed 2B) a democracy ?

Not at all ;)

Careless Clowns in the Current Culture Call America a Democracy.......

But Constitutionally it ain't ;) so......

AIUI the best description is that we are a democratic Constitutional Republic...

Though we may be turning into a Democratic Bureaucratic Republic :roll:

But currently per the Constitution, we elect leaders and sometimes mis-leaders :twisted: :roll: to represent us and make decisions......

Sometimes we elect an Arrogant, Lazy, Lying, Duty Station Deserting, Mouthy, Son of a Bitch Eater like Obama.....

And have to endure the damage he does till we can find legal ways to frustrate him......

Like passing a resolution against use of force........

Or de-funding Obamacare.........

One problem is that right now Congress is on vacation.......

So the best thing to do is call the White House and politely ;) express your opposition.......

And pray...........

("got you" in all other senses, including holding onto a person physically)
Really, Azari? ;)

Do you really want to rassle a Zhu Bajie :roll: ....... especially if you think his pants are down like Porky's ;) :shock: ..........

You might get raked ;) ;) ;)

Or greased ;)

Or it might be like holding on to a Tar Baby....

Like Syria :roll:

Uz ain't the only one for who Syria may turn very sour........

I don't think we should strike Syria but it would not be wise for Assad or the Iranians to give Netanyahu an excuse do his own strike....

Democracy (supposedly) should mean will of majority .. assuming America a democracy, would mean Vietnam was will of American majority and Iraq and Afghanistan and now Syria

and

Monster, don't worry about Israel attacking Iran .. will never happen

reason is

Zionist for sure no i*diots

Iran's danger for Israel is (rather was, as we already passed the pivotal point) not military danger , but making Israel, in the eye of world public watching, illegitimate, di-legitimizing Zionism .. Israeli elite might choose NY to staying in Tel Aviv .. already happening

A military conflict would be the end of Israel as we know today .. this not from Azari but from highest Israel military echelon (Haaretz)

Endovelico

Who Is Really Behind the Syrian War?

Post by Endovelico »

cCdaExnIpGs

Very much worth watching.
monster_gardener

Preliminary Kudos to Obama for going to Congress....

Thank You Very Much for maintaining the board, Admins Typhoon & YMix.

Latest news is that Obama is going to go to Congress for approval :)

Which is the way it should be done for non-emergency military action.......

So kudos to President Obama for doing something right for a change presuming he does this.....

And be sure to contact your Congressperson and Senators to let them know what you want presuming you are one of Uz.....
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Preliminary Kudos to Obama for going to Congress....

monster_gardener wrote:.

Hollande too going to ask the Parliament

Chance French Parliament approve war is same as British Parliament, will be voted down

and

The sooner America realizes "end decades of delusion", the better, for America and for the world

Not Assad but those "Kings and Amirs", parasites, must go .. if so, people themselves will push Assads and Ayatollahs aside

monster_gardener

A Prince Should be Feared......

monster_gardener wrote:.

Hollande too going to ask the Parliament

Chance French Parliament approve war is same as British Parliament, will be voted down

and

The sooner America realizes "end decades of delusion", the better, for America and for the world

Not Assad but those "Kings and Amirs", parasites, must go .. if so, people themselves will push Assads and Ayatollahs aside

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

Not Assad but those "Kings and Amirs", parasites, must go ..
Maybe not either Assad or the "Kings and Amirs" must go......

One lesson ME princes/"presidents" ;) :twisted: :lol: :roll: /ayatollahs may take from Assad staying in power is that if there are demonstrations, the thing to do is be VERY tough....

Like Assad is doing right now.....

Or like the Iranian Ayatollahs did after they had to deal with demonstrators........