Republicans vs Democrats | Republicrats vs Demopublicans

Mr. Perfect

Re: Denethor nation

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Spengman is definitely a d D&D nerd and I skip his LOTR articles. To me they (LOTR books and movies) are kids stories in an adultish archaic prose that are little more than popcorn. I believe I have seen the movies twice and read teh books twice. Approximately.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I believe I have seen the movies twice and read teh books twice. Approximately.
And yet you know so little about Denethor...
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

The problem is that you ( and I guess Jackson) have tried to create a very shallow and stupid analogy based off of a very facile understanding of both the story as Tolkien created it and reality as it actually is. At least Jackson did it to make it a better selling movie without all the intricate back story. You do it just to make a stupid point that doesn't even adhere to reality. Great communicator, my ass. You screw up scripture, LOTR, and imagine inevitable victories that have no basis is fact, and then take pride in your errors to the point of naming threads after your cluelessness.

You're past foolish and into the pathetic.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm sorry guys, I'm throwing in the towel. I have zero interest in the "authentic denethor". Maybe I can find a Mighty mouse Casper the friendly ghost forum for you. I really don't give a rip.

There was a popular movie with a character that reminds me strikingly of a segment of the US population. Whether denethor was originally a ninja or an astronaut or a smurf I guess we can find a cosplay forum to figure that out. I really don't care one way or the other. I wouldn't equate Tolkieen with the scriptures but to each their own. I would probably look there first when contemplating the label "pathetic" though in full disclosure.

Denethors never see victory, that's what makes them denethors.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:I believe I have seen the movies twice and read teh books twice. Approximately.
And yet you know so little about Denethor...
I'm starting to think I should wear that as a badge of honor.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Denethors never see victory, that's what makes them denethors.
Denethod didn't have faith that god's will and goodness would prevail in the end, that's what makes him Denethor. He let reality and rational thought drive him to despair instead of doing the irrational thing and putting his faith in god. Victory without god meant sh*t to Tolkien and he wrote the Silmarillion to prove it.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I couldn't care less. But as long as you bring it up the GOP believes in God and victory so we're covered there. I'm happy to put my faith in God FTW. Done it many times.

If you oppose godless victory go hassle some Democrats and secular leftists.

However let's talk instead about whether Val Kilmer or Adam West represented the true Bob Kane Batman.

Edit, btw if the Denethors of today have given up because of a lack of faith in the good/God that would make them like the book and the movie.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YMix

Post by YMix »

It's nice to see you doubling down on dumb.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm not the one parsing Adam West vs Bob Kane oops I mean Tolkien vs Jackson.
Demon of Undoing

Edit, btw if the Denethors of today have given up because of a lack of faith in the good/God that would make them like the book and the movie.
Right, because God is absolutely on the side of the Republican party. You've assured us Christ was a capitalist, so that would make total sense.

Are you wearing a Faraday cage, or do you just not worry about being hit by lightning, come what may?
Demon of Undoing

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm not the one parsing Adam West vs Bob Kane oops I mean Tolkien vs Jackson.

Um, if you are going to use an analogy, use it correctly. Not doing so just makes you look like a boob.

You brought it up, hoser.
Demon of Undoing

Re: Teaching the Right about realpolitic

Doc wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:When was the last time that a major policy initiative of this size, that gives the government this much power, was rescinded/repealed? I think you have to go back to Prohibition.

Talk about denial of reality; they will change it, mutate it, mangle it, expand it, but this isn't going away. Hallucinatory fever dreams, with attendant party megalomania.
When was the last time such a huge government program was such a dismal failure ?
Right off the top of my head? The War on Drugs. People like Mr P have been trying to push that rope uphill since Nixon, ever more gleefully. Regardless of how many billions wasted, lives ruined, and freedoms destroyed, they have their stupid ideology and they will push it from a position of ignorance, no matter what. Same here.
Demon of Undoing

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Doc wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:When was the last time that a major policy initiative of this size, that gives the government this much power, was rescinded/repealed? I think you have to go back to Prohibition.

Talk about denial of reality; they will change it, mutate it, mangle it, expand it, but this isn't going away. Hallucinatory fever dreams, with attendant party megalomania.
When was the last time such a huge government program was such a dismal failure ?
Don't worry about it, it's just his inner Pat Buchanan talking.
No, it's an awareness that, once statists like you are given power, you never yield it. The Founders knew this.
We're 20 votes from a veto override in the House right now. It's a layup from here.
The fact that you are saying this likely means that the Dems are going to sweep the election or something. Your Carnac skills are broken.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Doc wrote:

Right off the top of my head? The War on Drugs. People like Mr P have been trying to push that rope uphill since Nixon, ever more gleefully. Regardless of how many billions wasted, lives ruined, and freedoms destroyed, they have their stupid ideology and they will push it from a position of ignorance, no matter what. Same here.
That is because they have not tried to win it. But explain to his guy how legalized pot is a good thing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 32253.html
Rudy Eugene: No Bath Salts, Only Marijuana Found In Face-Eater Toxicology Tests

"The laboratory has tested for but not detected any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs...This includes cocaine, LSD, amphetamines (Extasy, Meth and others), phencyclidine (PCP or Angel Dust), heroin, oxycodone, Xanax, synthetic marijuana (Spice), and many other similar compounds."
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Demon of Undoing

Re: Republicans vs Democrats | Republicrats vs Demopublicans

Are you serious? Are you actually trying to maintain that marijuana made that guy attack him?
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Doc,

This stuff is stupid. But never mind. Mr. P. seems to know less about drugs than you do.

A line from Spengler seems appropriate, "Yes, Marianne Huffington, we have no bananas". I don't think the editorial staff there has any marbles either.

Mr. P. claims that marijuana makes you unmotivated. Compared to what? Spending time in jail?

Demon is exactly right. You guys got the U.S. prepared for a totalitarian police state with your immoral war on drugs.
Demon of Undoing

First they came for the heroin junkies, and I did not speak out - because I was not a heroin junkie;
Then they came for the coke fiends, and I did not speak out - because I was not a coke fiend;
Then they came for the psychonauts, and I did not speak out - because I was not a psychonaut;
Then they came for the pot heads, and I did not speak out - because I was not a pot head;
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Are you serious? Are you actually trying to maintain that marijuana made that guy attack him?
I would be surprised if it did directly However I would not be surprised if the pot he smoked was laced with something not tested for. But in any event we don't know do we?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote:Doc,

This stuff is stupid. But never mind. Mr. P. seems to know less about drugs than you do.

A line from Spengler seems appropriate, "Yes, Marianne Huffington, we have no bananas". I don't think the editorial staff there has any marbles either.

Mr. P. claims that marijuana makes you unmotivated. Compared to what? Spending time in jail?

Demon is exactly right. You guys got the U.S. prepared for a totalitarian police state with your immoral war on drugs.
The point is we don't know what caused it. The other point is that everyone keeps talking about legalizing pot without any thought of sellers of now illegal pot simply pushing other more harmful drug. People that have already gone into human trafficking. So do we then start a war on human trafficking? Then a war on kidnapping? In Mexico the war on drugs has been against the king pins. That has not worked out very well so far. In the US the war on drugs in against the lower level dealers and users. In Mexico the crime rate has soared. In the US it has fallen dramatically.

Take what you will from that. But the bottom line is where do you drawl the bottom line as to what is legal and what is illegal?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm not the one parsing Adam West vs Bob Kane oops I mean Tolkien vs Jackson.

Um, if you are going to use an analogy, use it correctly. Not doing so just makes you look like a boob.

HAHAHAHAHAHA he used a literary inference incorrectly then called people nerds when they schooled him on it?

Classic Mr. Perfect.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:The point is we don't know what caused it.
But you still brought it up. Isn't that alinskite of you or something?
Enki

Post by Enki »

YMix wrote:
Doc is our resident Alinskyite.

But he tries to throw us off the trail by talking about things he doesn't know about.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:
YMix wrote:
Doc is our resident Alinskyite.

But he tries to throw us off the trail by talking about things he doesn't know about.
Don't I? So How much time have you two spent in Mexico?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I brought up a movie reference and then when the nerds took it literary well the rest is obvious.

Let's take this up a notch, who is the real James Bond. Roger Moore? Pierce Brosnan? It's so important to determine if they are true to the original Ian Fleming and then pretend the other movies never existed and scold anyone who makes reference to those abominations. Did you guys see what they did to Papa Smurf in the movie? I thought it was betrayal of the cartoon.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Um, if you are going to use an analogy, use it correctly.
I did. The movie version of denethor is exactly like a percentage of the US population, you among them. Willfully driven mad by thought control of immoral people they freely submitted to.

This may help. Make sure to watch the bit at the end.

QR3Z388PIew
Not doing so just makes you look like a boob.

Honestly D&D nerds I think classically are more used to the slight "boob" and "hoser", say hello to them at comiccon for me, btw what are you wearing. Have you got an anakin costume yet, whatsup. Are you going as a stormtrooper. What do you have.