Alexis

2016 - Change you can believe in

Post by Alexis »

... Sorry :oops: ... couldn't resist... :mrgreen:

Now for the balancing act, what with mocking the Dems also :wink:

noddy

Re: USA - The Future

Post by noddy »

It is tempting—and sobering—to compare today's relationship between China and the U.S. with that between Germany and England a century ago. Now, as then, the march of globalization has lulled us into a false sense of safety.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/essay ... of-history#
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Re: 2016 - Change you can believe in

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:Image

... Sorry :oops: ... couldn't resist... :mrgreen:

Now for the balancing act, what with mocking the Dems also :wink:

Brilliant! :)

I love The People's Cube.

I gave two to a friend and his bride as wedding presents.

For those cold nights when there is nothing good on TV..... ;)
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Maryland governor declares state of emergency over Baltimore violence
http://live.reuters.com/Event/us_live_blog

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard to address the violence in Baltimore, his office said on Monday.

The governor's office said the actions came at the request of the city of Baltimore. It added that Hogan would hold a news conference at 8:30 p.m. to discuss the violence following the funeral of a 25-year-old black man who died after he was injured in police custody.

The US is great at creating terrorists. In the Middle East and at home... Yes, violence is the answer to all problems...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Maryland governor declares state of emergency over Baltimore violence
http://live.reuters.com/Event/us_live_blog

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard to address the violence in Baltimore, his office said on Monday.

The governor's office said the actions came at the request of the city of Baltimore. It added that Hogan would hold a news conference at 8:30 p.m. to discuss the violence following the funeral of a 25-year-old black man who died after he was injured in police custody.

The US is great at creating terrorists. In the Middle East and at home... Yes, violence is the answer to all problems...
Most of the people you are seeing in the videos are children. Their parents are waiting for them to get home.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mother of the year?
u5V0YpGn6wo
Mom Sees son on TV hurling stones at police goes to riot finds him and smacks him down

Baltimore Riots: Mom Smacks Son for Taking Part in Violence
Apr 28, 2015, 10:19 AM ET

By EMILY SHAPIRO via Good Morning America

VIDEO: Footage of the womans demonstration of tough love is gaining national attention.

Baltimore Protests Devolve Into Lawlessness

Next Video
Freddie Gray's Family Calls for End to Baltimore Chaos

A Baltimore woman took action when she saw her son hanging out with violent demonstrators Monday.

The woman, identified by ABC affiliate WMAR as the boy's mother, was watching television when she saw her son throwing rocks at police, the station reported.

She went to find him in the crowd and the confrontation turned physical. The woman was caught on camera grabbing the boy and smacking him in the face.

"Are you kidding me?" she's heard saying. The station did not identify her by name.

Fifteen officers were injured Monday when violent groups threw bricks, rocks and other objects at police.

About 75 to 100 school-age children were involved in the violence, police said, as they urged parents to bring their children home:

At a news conference Monday, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts referenced one mother who grabbed her son and smacked him on the head, although it is unclear whether this is the same mother caught on video.

"I wish I had more parents that took charge of their kids out there tonight," Batts said.

Baltimore City Public Schools are closed today in the wake of the violence.

A citywide curfew will be in effect from 10 p.m. today until 5 a.m. Wednesday. The 10 p.m. curfews will last for one week, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said, and could be extended as necessary.

A 9 p.m. curfew is already in effect for children 14 and younger.
Last edited by Doc on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Geeze, what's happening? I woke up and saw the news about Baltimore and thought "Have I been transported to Portugal?"
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Zack Morris wrote:Geeze, what's happening? I woke up and saw the news about Baltimore and thought "Have I been transported to Portugal?"
Because I have two mixed blood daughters, one of which has several close black friends, I tend to pay much attention to possible racist occurrences in Lisbon. My youngest daughter (21 years old) is of opinion that some agents are racist, but is under the impression that those are isolated situations. Crime and shooting incidents with alleged criminals involve white as well as black people. Youthful gang-like groups I have seen in the streets in Lisbon include both white and black youngsters, and nobody thinks that blacks are more likely to be criminals than whites. Inevitably there will be racist cops sometimes acting in a racist manner. And there will be black as well as white people being shot at by the police, but those cases are rare. If one wants to pick up a dozen such situations occurring over a period of four or five years, one can give the impression that there is a pattern in such situations but, as far as I know, that isn't the case. I have many black students at the university, and no one has ever mentioned to me any racist situation involving any of them. We are more likely to practice social discrimination than racial discrimination in Portugal. Definitely Lisbon is not like Baltimore at all.
Endovelico

From the Portuguese Press

Post by Endovelico »

Racismo e Polícia (Portugal)
Publicado em 10/02/2015 por AICL lusofonias.net

Portugal: Administração Interna vai investigar atuação da PSP em incidentes na Amadora

A Inspeção-Geral da Administração Interna vai investigar a atuação da PSP nos incidentes que ocorreram na quinta-feira na Amadora e que levaram à detenção de seis jovens, confirmou fonte do Ministério da Administração Interna.

O jornal Público avançou, domingo, na edição online, que a Inspeção-Geral da Administração Interna (IGAI) vai abrir um inquérito à atuação da PSP aos incidentes ocorridos na quinta-feira no Bairro da Cova da Moura e numa esquadra de Alfragide.

Fonte do MAI confirmou à Lusa que “irá decorrer um processo na IGAI em relação à atuação da PSP naquele dia”, não especificando se a investigação irá decorrer em relação ao que se passou na Cova da Moura, na esquadra de Alfragide ou em ambos os locais.

Na quinta-feira, cinco jovens, com idades entre os 23 e os 25 anos, foram detidos depois de, segundo a PSP, terem “tentado invadir” a esquadra de Alfragide, na sequência da detenção de um outro jovem no bairro da Cova da Moura.

Os cinco detidos, “três deles muito maltratados”, de acordo com Mamadou Ba do movimento SOS Racismo, foram transportados para o Hospital Fernando Fonseca (Amadora-Sintra). Fonte da PSP disse na altura que os jovens apresentavam ferimentos ligeiros em consequência de terem “resistido à detenção”.

O ativista revelou, domingo, em declarações à Lusa, que os cinco jovens que, depois de serem ouvidos por um juiz, saíram em liberdade sujeitos à medida de coação de termo de identidade e residência, apresentaram na sexta-feira queixa no Ministério Público da Amadora por “ofensas à integridade física e moral” devido à “violência policial” a que dizem ter sido sujeitos.

Segundo Mamadou Ba, os cinco jovens tinham-se deslocado à esquadra de Alfragide para saberem da situação de um amigo que tinha sido detido no bairro da Cova da Moura, após ter sido revistado pelas autoridades.

Na decurso da operação policial, a PSP “efetuou disparos” para tentar dispersar os moradores do bairro, que protestavam pela forma como trataram o jovem, vindo “a atingir com três balas de borracha uma moradora” que se encontrava numa varanda, descreveu Mamadou Ba.

De acordo com a PSP, cerca das 14 horas de quinta-feira, uma carrinha de uma equipa que patrulhava o bairro da Cova da Moura foi atingida por uma pedra atirada por um jovem de um grupo de cerca de 10 pessoas. Um polícia sofreu ferimentos ligeiros, no rosto e nos braços, e foi transportado para o Hospital de Amadora-Sintra, e o jovem, de 24 anos, foi levado para a esquadra de Alfragide.

A polícia chegou a disparar um tiro de “shotgun” para o ar para dispersar o grupo, referiu a mesma fonte.

Na sequência da detenção, os restantes jovens “tentaram invadir” a esquadra, tendo sido disparado um novo tiro para o ar, segundo a PSP. Foram detidos cinco elementos do grupo e os restantes fugiram.

O jovem que foi detido na Cova da Moura saiu em liberdade, depois de ouvido por um juiz, que obrigou o arguido a “apresentações periódicas”.

Jornal de Notícias
This article shows that some situations may have racial undertones, but does not indicate racism or violence against blacks as a widespread problem. I'm sure Zack Morris will find a way to translate this piece, if he is seriously interested in the issue.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Geeze, what's happening? I woke up and saw the news about Baltimore and thought "Have I been transported to Portugal?"
Because I have two mixed blood daughters, one of which has several close black friends, I tend to pay much attention to possible racist occurrences in Lisbon. My youngest daughter (21 years old) is of opinion that some agents are racist, but is under the impression that those are isolated situations. Crime and shooting incidents with alleged criminals involve white as well as black people. Youthful gang-like groups I have seen in the streets in Lisbon include both white and black youngsters, and nobody thinks that blacks are more likely to be criminals than whites. Inevitably there will be racist cops sometimes acting in a racist manner. And there will be black as well as white people being shot at by the police, but those cases are rare. If one wants to pick up a dozen such situations occurring over a period of four or five years, one can give the impression that there is a pattern in such situations but, as far as I know, that isn't the case. I have many black students at the university, and no one has ever mentioned to me any racist situation involving any of them. We are more likely to practice social discrimination than racial discrimination in Portugal. Definitely Lisbon is not like Baltimore at all.
Well we will have to wait for the justice dept. civil rights investigation of Lisbon to see. You do have a civil rights division of your justice dept. don't you ?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:Mother of the year?
u5V0YpGn6wo
Mom Sees son on TV hurling stones at police goes to riot finds him and smacks him down

Baltimore Riots: Mom Smacks Son for Taking Part in Violence
Apr 28, 2015, 10:19 AM ET
I don't care what ticket she runs on.... she's got my vote for POTUS in 2016!

Her campaign slogan could be "the kids acted stupidly!"
Endovelico

Population of Californis

Post by Endovelico »

Will Spanish again become the language of California?

El castillano volvera a ser el idioma de California?... :D
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

In some ways, it already is the language of California. In all likelihood, however, English will remain the language of the upper classes. Thus far, Latinos have not yet penetrated the ranks of the upwardly mobile (I guess Latin people are more concerned with living la vida than pioneering world-class technology), and Asian immigration is on the rise.
noddy

Post by noddy »

nFg78hBjCTE

i have recently become fascinated by mexican weather - its a very interesting subject.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Re: Population of Californis

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:Image

Will Spanish again become the language of California?

El castillano volvera a ser el idioma de California?... :D
To non-Latinos racists, this is bad news. To Latino racists, this is good news. To the rest of us, meh......
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:nFg78hBjCTE

i have recently become fascinated by mexican weather - its a very interesting subject.
tis sad to see that Hispanic women are so oppressed that they have to wear dresses that they out grew several years ago....... Never hire men as SJW's....
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Simple Minded wrote:

tis sad to see that Hispanic women are so oppressed that they have to wear dresses that they out grew several years ago....... Never hire men as SJW's....
I was particularly moved by the "southern hemisphere" situation... :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Its worse than I thought. If you click on any of the videos that appear after you play this video, it appears none of the clothing she has access to fits her anymore.

What kind of world allows this type of injustice to exist?
noddy

Post by noddy »

Endovelico wrote: I was particularly moved by the "southern hemisphere" situation... :D
a well rounded presentation :D with mounds of information :D
Simple Minded wrote: Its worse than I thought. If you click on any of the videos that appear after you play this video, it appears none of the clothing she has access to fits her anymore.
i also watched many of them, ermm, i mean any of them.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Knowing that the ancient, enlightened, worldly, Latino culture subjugates their women folk this way.....

kinda makes me feel better bout my white, Anglo, Zionist, Male Chauvinist Pig culture.....

long as no party poopers tell them they are being oppressed....... they seem to enjoy the attention. :)
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Simple Minded wrote:Knowing that the ancient, enlightened, worldly, Latino culture subjugates their women folk this way.....

kinda makes me feel better bout my white, Anglo, Zionist, Male Chauvinist Pig culture.....

long as no party poopers tell them they are being oppressed....... they seem to enjoy the attention. :)
Did the Mexican weather-girl look oppressed? Maybe a bit tight, but definitely not oppressed... :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Knowing that the ancient, enlightened, worldly, Latino culture subjugates their women folk this way.....

Did the Mexican weather-girl look oppressed? Maybe a bit tight, but definitely not oppressed... :D
Obviously, no one has yet told her that she is being oppressed. or used by da man as a symbol of stereotype. Maybe that is the key to job satisfaction? :?