Breaking up is hard to do. But it is getting there

Doc

Breaking up is hard to do. But it is getting there

Post by Doc »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... oters-win/
Joe Biden to Dems: Vote for Trillions in Spending, or the Capitol Rioters Win

President Joe Biden has sought to motivate Democrats on Capitol Hill to vote for his multi-trillion-dollar spending bills by warning them that if the bills fail, those who supported the Capitol riot on January 6 will celebrate a political victory.

One bill is a bipartisan $1.2 trillion “infrastructure” bill (most of which is not traditional infrastructure). The other is a $3.5 trillion catch-all spending bill that includes Democrats’ most radical priorities, and which Biden has recently linked to his “Build Back Better” policy agenda. It can only pass the Senate through the so-called “reconciliation” process, which has been abused by recent Democratic administrations to evade the Senate’s filibuster rule.

Biden, who recently appointed an alleged domestic terrorist to his Cabinet with the conformation of Tracy Stone-Manning to lead the Bureau of Land Management on Thursday, referred to the January 6 riot in private meetings with Democrats.

The Associated Press reported:

In his private talks with legislators, Biden has suggested a Democratic defeat on the current bills would be a gift to Republicans, empowering a party that he has judged a threat to democracy itself. Defeat, he has warned, would embolden the same forces who tacitly blessed the origins of the Jan. 6th insurrection and are now balking at helping to lift the national debt ceiling to avoid a government default.

Democrats have begun making frequent use of the January 6 riot in their campaign messaging, most recently in the recall election that faced California Gov. Gavin Newsom last month. Newsom and his allies claimed that the recall was being pushed by Trump supporters and those who supported the Capitol riot in January.

Biden visited Capitol Hill personally on Friday to meet with Democrats in an attempt to resolve the intraparty impasse.
https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/whitepl ... on/812724/
New Poll Reveals Percentages Of Americans Who Want To Secede By Region
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Re: Breaking up is hard to do. But it is getting there

Post by Typhoon »

As always, the devil is in the details.

244667053_10222896704744777_8267962604789756220_n.jpg
244667053_10222896704744777_8267962604789756220_n.jpg (54.17 KiB) Viewed 463 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:03 am As always, the devil is in the details.

Mao's strategy in taking over China was to surround the cities by making the countryside ungovernable.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

We say there are no blue states, only blue cities.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The term being used for the breakup is ‘devolution’.

Not revolution, but the natural, irregular decay of the corrupt federal system back to localized and decentralized government.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:13 am The term being used for the breakup is ‘devolution’.

Not revolution, but the natural, irregular decay of the corrupt federal system back to localized and decentralized government.
With Texas and Florida telling its local governments and corporations they will be fined if the forced people to get vaccinated, it will go to the courts to decide which way things go.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Patel’s Devolution substack is free. He also has a inexpensive daily clipping/commentary service that always links to good sources.

https://patelpatriot.substack.com/

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:09 am

We say there are no blue states, only blue cities.
And hardly anyone lives up in the arrowhead region of Minnesota, just sayin'.....'>......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

suspiciously close to the population density map.
2eb7adhtwijz.jpg
2eb7adhtwijz.jpg (102.24 KiB) Viewed 399 times
its a lot harder to convince a city person that government and shared resources are irrelevant.

infact, its an absurdity, much like trying to convince a rural person that government is relevant.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:15 am

suspiciously close to the population density map.

2eb7adhtwijz.jpg

its a lot harder to convince a city person that government and shared resources are irrelevant.

infact, its an absurdity, much like trying to convince a rural person that government is relevant.
This may have something to so with it

(More green = more growth of money per capita and typically ,in red states, less government
Image'

It is what Biden and the Democrats desperately want to reverse before people see they have no clothes. That Big Government from DC is not their savior
https://www.governing.com/archive/gov-r ... ments.html
noddy

Post by noddy »

the smallest things have the most growth.

100 + 5 is 5% growth.

10 + 5 is 50% groath.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:17 pm the smallest things have the most growth.

100 + 5 is 5% growth.

10 + 5 is 50% groath.
The Cities are dying negative growth or stagnant growth. Places where natural resources and food is grown are growing in wealth. Places that are traditionally industrialized are showing a negative growth. Factories if they aren't moving overseas, are moving to more rural areas internally in the US Mostly south to states like Texas. These graphics are from 2012. I suspect the trends have speed up since then.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:15 am

Except one is right and one is wrong
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Separate because it is not equal.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/30/15 ... -industry/
15 States Threaten To Pull $600 Billion From Banks That Won’t Give Equal Service To Energy IndustryFifteen state financial officers sent a letter to U.S. banks last week noting $600 billion in assets they pledge to take elsewhere if the financial institutions embrace corporate wokeism and prohibit financing to the fossil fuel industry.

Led by West Virginia Republican Treasurer Riley Moore, the group promised “collective action” in the form of an “economic boycott.”

“Just as each state represented in this letter is unique in its governing laws and economy, our actions will take different forms,” they wrote in the letter obtained by The Federalist. “However, the overarching objective of our actions will be the same – to protect our states’ economies, jobs, and energy independence from these unwarranted attacks on our critical industries.”

Signatories to the letter putting banks on notice include chief financial officers from Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Alabama, Texas and Kentucky, in addition to West Virginia.

“How can we as states get dollars from severance taxes and then park it in banks that are at the same time trying to diminish those dollars by trying to boycott our industries?” Moore said in an interview with The Federalist. “This is just more of the same from these woke capitalists, globalist interests out there when it’s them trying to dictate to us the way we need to live our lives.”

Asked why more states haven’t joined the letter, considering at least 22 state financial offices are run by Republicans, Moore said it was a consequence of standard hesitancy.

“I do believe there are going to be more states that are going to join this coalition effort. I think they want to see a little bit of how this plays out,” Moore said. “How long are we just going to take it in the face and not do anything?”

President Joe Biden has been aggressive in quickly curtailing oil and gas development as promised on the campaign trail. Beyond the illegal suspension of new leases on federal land, the prohibition of new drilling sites on major untapped reserves, and higher fees in the pipeline for new energy exploration permits, however, it’s the administration’s pressure on Wall Street to refuse investment in the capital-intense industry that’s dealt the biggest blow to producers, spiking prices at the pump in the process.

“We can’t get capital because they’re putting so much pressure on banks not to lend to us in the name of climate change,” explained Kathleen Sgamma, president of the Denver-based industry trade group Western Energy Alliance.

Biden’s nominee for an important regulatory role at the Treasury Department however, shows no sign of an administration easing up on Wall Street. Cornell Law Professor Saule Omarova, who was tapped to lead the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, has said she wants fossil fuel industries to “go bankrupt.”