Search found 275 matches
- 24 Sep 2026 07:23
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Dark Levitas
- Replies: 148
- Views: 127702
- 22 Sep 2026 05:06
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
Re: Political Levitas
https://x.com/RobertMSterling/status/2102153505326637247 full text: We used to get hurricanes all the time. Big, powerful storms—beautiful storms, but they were a disaster. And you know why? Because they didn’t respect America, they thought we were weak. So I called NOAA and FEMA and said “we’re cha ...
- 31 Aug 2026 04:42
- Forum: Architecture, Art, and Design
- Topic: Poetry
- Replies: 32
- Views: 38653
Re: Poetry
The World State by G. K. Chesterton Oh, how I love Humanity, With love so pure and pringlish, And how I hate the horrid French, Who never will be English! The International Idea, The largest and the clearest, Is welding all the nations now, Except the one that’s nearest. This compromise has long b ...
- 31 Aug 2026 03:33
- Forum: Architecture, Art, and Design
- Topic: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14708
Re: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
TheLastPsychiatrist has weighed in:
- 28 Aug 2026 06:59
- Forum: Heaven
- Topic: "It cost me a lot of money to look this cheap"
- Replies: 2
- Views: 393
- 27 Aug 2026 06:57
- Forum: Architecture, Art, and Design
- Topic: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14708
Re: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
The movie going habit is mostly broken here too. Though funny enough, we've probably seen more movies in theaters this spring/summer season that we have in ages. The Super Mario movie was cute Took my mother to see "Young Washington"- I didn't care for it Odyssey was a free ticket that someone ...
- 27 Aug 2026 06:31
- Forum: Architecture, Art, and Design
- Topic: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14708
Re: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
Well, I'm glad it spoke to her.
Reaction is that it's intellectually divisive, which I guess was the aim. No lukewarm reactions.
Reaction is that it's intellectually divisive, which I guess was the aim. No lukewarm reactions.
- 27 Aug 2026 06:23
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
- Replies: 87
- Views: 246241
- 27 Aug 2026 06:23
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
- Replies: 87
- Views: 246241
Re: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
Nonc Hilaire wrote: ↑26 Aug 2026 03:05 Had a drummer tell us once that drumming was like making love and we all felt so sorry for his wife.
- 25 Aug 2026 05:32
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
- Replies: 87
- Views: 246241
- 25 Aug 2026 05:30
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
- Replies: 87
- Views: 246241
- 25 Aug 2026 04:40
- Forum: Architecture, Art, and Design
- Topic: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14708
Re: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
Nah, we're skipping that one. The movie may be very good but I think the conventional analysis of slasher films is dull and haven't the interest in seeing a film which explores that. =============== (most) Popular slasher films are not morality plays put on by the "patriarchy" to divide the prurient ...
- 24 Aug 2026 08:34
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
- Replies: 87
- Views: 246241
- 24 Aug 2026 08:34
- Forum: Music
- Topic: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em II (Music Discussion Thread)
- Replies: 87
- Views: 246241
- 24 Aug 2026 07:54
- Forum: Architecture, Art, and Design
- Topic: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14708
Re: Motion Picture Thread: The Motion Picture
LRB - Emily Wilson · An Uncomplicated Man.pdf The Odyssey directed by Christopher Nolan. The Odyssey by Homer, translated by Emily Wilson I was amazed and in awe when I first read The Odyssey. I doubt that I'll go to view the movie, but I will probably read the new translation by Emily Wilson. We ...
- 21 Apr 2026 06:13
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
- 16 Apr 2026 03:52
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
Re: Political Levitas
An excerpt from Robert Kennedy's latest memoir, "Boy, Isn't Everyone Else Weird?"
- 13 Mar 2026 07:54
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
- 27 Feb 2026 07:05
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Dark Levitas
- Replies: 148
- Views: 127702
- 27 Feb 2026 06:47
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
- 27 Feb 2026 06:40
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
Re: Levitas
*may not make sense without volume on*
- 03 Jan 2026 21:58
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
- 25 Dec 2025 07:33
- Forum: Finance and Economics
- Topic: Door Dash Lifestyle
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11352
Re: Door Dash Lifestyle
The addiction/habit aspect is not quite what I was thinking but I can see it.
I was thinking more along the lines of how everything is now chain restaurants or chain distribution of Sysco, reheated at convivence. So it all ends up a little disappointing in the exact same ways.
I was thinking more along the lines of how everything is now chain restaurants or chain distribution of Sysco, reheated at convivence. So it all ends up a little disappointing in the exact same ways.
- 25 Dec 2025 07:00
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Spirit of the Season
- Replies: 36
- Views: 50183
Re: Spirit of the Season
Yes, Merry Christmas and a late Happy Hanukkah
We've already begun celebrating with that rush of readying everything. Hah.
We've already begun celebrating with that rush of readying everything. Hah.
- 18 Dec 2025 09:32
- Forum: Tea Time
- Topic: Political Levitas
- Replies: 269
- Views: 265261
- 18 Dec 2025 09:19
- Forum: Finance and Economics
- Topic: Door Dash Lifestyle
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11352
Re: Door Dash Lifestyle
I'm more amazed about how cooking or preparing meals for oneself has cratered and for junky, microwaved fast-food.
Even in the most penurious and busy situations, I didn't skip self cooking. At the same time, I did notice this was like some antique mentality disappearing from the earth.
Even in the most penurious and busy situations, I didn't skip self cooking. At the same time, I did notice this was like some antique mentality disappearing from the earth.