Abstinence fail

Carbizene

Abstinence fail

Post by Carbizene »

Mississippi continues to have the highest teen birth rate, 60 percent above the national average.

Just more duplicity from Abramites, they actually want lots of dysfunctional kids to join the Jihad...onward Christian soldiers marching as to war and all.
Zack Morris

Re: Abstinence fail

Post by Zack Morris »

I don't believe this is just a failure of abstinence-only policies. I think it's a broader failure of culture and morality. Don't worry, though, that culture is not representative of the United States or American values, which I think you would find quite agreeable and not too dissimilar from your own. Southerners have been resisting American norms since the early 19th century.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

I would like to believe you but certain actions suggest Taliban tendency's:
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - Tennessee senators approved an update to the state's abstinence-based sex education law that includes warnings against "gateway sexual activity."

In a new family life instructions bill, holding hands and kissing could be considered gateways to sex.
So holding hands is frowned upon, next up dancing.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Carbizene wrote:I would like to believe you but certain actions suggest Taliban tendency's:
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - Tennessee senators approved an update to the state's abstinence-based sex education law that includes warnings against "gateway sexual activity."

In a new family life instructions bill, holding hands and kissing could be considered gateways to sex.
So holding hands is frowned upon, next up dancing.
No, I think in Tennessee holding hands is considered a gateway to "snake" handling.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

I looked forward to the day when Legislation specifically regarding mastery of one's domain is passed. Codification of such practice is long overdue.
Last edited by Carbizene on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This may represent a bit of an opportunity, carb/Zm do you essentially just have sex one time and move on?
Censorship isn't necessary
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Are you asking if I like one night stands? if so I don't but I don't care if other people do. It is hilarious that people who claim to be against Big government are so keen to introduce it into the bedroom, car or wherever the mood may take.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How is the government getting into anyone's bedroom?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Carbizene wrote:Are you asking if I like one night stands? if so I don't but I don't care if other people do. It is hilarious that people who claim to be against Big government are so keen to introduce it into the bedroom, car or wherever the mood may take.
Very few people who claim to be against Big Government actually are.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Interestingly, people who say they are for living in communes often really aren't, as anybody pretty much has a wide range of communes available they could go live in right away, and they choose not to live in one. For some reason.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Mr. Perfect wrote:How is the government getting into anyone's bedroom?
By legislating what constitutes Sexual practice.

Under the Tennessee bill a Adult holding a childs hand is sexual abuse.
Last edited by Carbizene on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How is that getting into the bedroom? How is any of this the "government getting into the bedroom"?
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Mr. Perfect wrote:How is that getting into the bedroom? How is any of this the "government getting into the bedroom"?

err...get back to me when you have had sex and I will explain it to you.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

(Link currently is not working). Handholding is outlawed? Is this an Onion article?
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17353757/bil ... l-activity

Holding hands is codified as sexual activity therefore a Adult holding a Child's hand is engaging in sexual abuse of a Child.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Carbizene wrote:http://www.wmctv.com/story/17353757/bil ... l-activity

Holding hands is codified as sexual activity therefore a Adult holding a Child's hand is engaging in sexual abuse of a Child.
Ah, no. These are educational instructions, not laws with penalties. Rest easy, no government in anyone's bedroom. You can feel better now.
In a new family life instructions bill, holding hands and kissing COULD BE considered gateways to sex.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Your prevarication demonstrates how fundamentalism becomes codified, not in grand gesture but baby steps.
In a new family life instructions bill, holding hands and kissing COULD BE considered gateways to sex
Therefore a Adult holding a childs hand COULD BE seen as sexual activity, this gateway bullshit is pure Orwellian.
Last edited by Carbizene on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm just telling the truth. This is just sex ed material. People are free to agree or disagree, but there is no government in the bedroom.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Teachers can be sued for demonstrating holding hands as holding hands is defined as Sexual activity.

Are you capable of logic? once holding hands is defined as Sexual activity a Adult holding a Childs hand is partaking in Sexual activity.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Carbizene wrote:. . how fundamentalism becomes codified, . .

But . . . but . . but . . fundamentalism and fundamentalists come in many colors . . ;)
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Carbizene wrote:Teachers can be sued for demonstrating holding hands as holding hands is defined as Sexual activity.
Teachers can be sued for all kinds of things in the classroom, I'm not sure why we should leave out holding hands, that would be unfair.
Are you capable of logic? once holding hands is defined as Sexual activity a Adult holding a Childs hand is partaking in Sexual activity.
Well Carbs, we're left with the small problem that nowhere in the law is holding hands being outlawed, so how is the government getting in the bedroom here?
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Well Carbs, we're left with the small problem that nowhere in the law is holding hands being outlawed, so how is the government getting in the bedroom here?
It is illegal for children to engage in sexual activity thus it becomes illegal for children to hold hands as holding hands is being defined as sexual activity. This is not the Government getting involved in the bedroom, it is the Government going nuts.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well somebody is certainly going nuts here, not sure who but...

Did you know that no children are currently in jail because of sexual activity? Did you know that content in instructional materials are not laws? Therefore what is in instructional material has no bearing on whether someone goes to jail?

I think Carbs you personally are far more likely to be killed by a Muslim terrorist than anyone going to jail for hand holding in the state of MS.
Enki

Post by Enki »

There are instances of schools banning any form of touching whatsoever. It's unfortunate as human beings NEED to touch each other. It is unhealthy for humans not to touch each other. Having an institutional edict that teaches children not to touch each other is ultimately unhealthy.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Well somebody is certainly going nuts here, not sure who but...

Did you know that no children are currently in jail because of sexual activity? Did you know that content in instructional materials are not laws? Therefore what is in instructional material has no bearing on whether someone goes to jail?

I think Carbs you personally are far more likely to be killed by a Muslim terrorist than anyone going to jail for hand holding in the state of MS.
There are children in 'reform schools' for sexual activity, in Australia children get put on the Sex offenders list for messaging lewd pictures to each other.

You are correct to point out these are instructional materials but they also carry the weight of the Law in that a Teacher can be fined if they don't follow them and the fact the State deems fit to codify holding hands in anyway represents a disconcerting encroachment on personal liberty.