First, a reflection on Expo '70 past.
Le Monde | The forgotten people of the Osaka ghetto: The dark side of the World Expo 1970
[Many of the day labourer hotels in the Kamagasaki, Osaka neighbourhood, mentioned in the Le Monde article, have/are being converted into cheap tourist hotels.]
Osaka Expo 2025
Osaka Expo 2025
Last edited by Typhoon on 10 Jun 2025 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Osaka Expo 2025
In my best Japanglish, "Let's please visit Expo 2025 in Osaka".
Re: Osaka Expo 2025
The Grand Ring, built for Expo 2025 Osaka, has been recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's largest wooden architectural structure.
Covering over 61,000 square meters with a circumference of 2 kilometers, the ring symbolizes the Expo's theme of "unity in diversity" and incorporates timber from Japanese and European sources.
Architect Sou Fujimoto hopes the structure will inspire global connection amidst growing divisions
-
Nonc Hilaire
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 29 Sep 2024 17:05
Re: Osaka Expo 2025
I wish I could go, but not possible.
I lived in New Orleans during Expo ‘84. They sold unlimited passes, and all the locals were there almost every day. Shows around the clock, and you could just meet for coffee or a snack.
Looking forward to hearing more about it.
I lived in New Orleans during Expo ‘84. They sold unlimited passes, and all the locals were there almost every day. Shows around the clock, and you could just meet for coffee or a snack.
Looking forward to hearing more about it.