Dark Levitas

Nonc Hilaire
Posts: 358
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 17:05

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The English idiom “Raked over hot coals” refers to a method of torture. This is commonly used to describe a dissertation defense. Synonymous with “Trial by fire” but sarcastic.

Just having to shop at Khols is torture enough for me.
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Archeology_of_the_Future.jpg
Archeology_of_the_Future.jpg (118.72 KiB) Viewed 12143 times
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: ↑16 Jul 2025 13:41 The English idiom “Raked over hot coals” refers to a method of torture. This is commonly used to describe a dissertation defense. Synonymous with “Trial by fire” but sarcastic.
Thanks for your explanation of the expression's history.
Just having to shop at Khols is torture enough for me.
As far as I can recall, I've never had the pleasure. I remember Sears, now extinct, at the local big mall.
Parodite
Posts: 374
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 20:27

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote: ↑22 Jul 2025 01:43 Archeology_of_the_Future.jpg
:lol: apt
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Up_in_smoke.jpg
Up_in_smoke.jpg (47 KiB) Viewed 12115 times
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Giving_ones_kids_a_head_start_in_life.jpg
Giving_ones_kids_a_head_start_in_life.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 12116 times
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Next.jpg
Next.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 12112 times
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: ↑09 Aug 2025 00:46 Giving_ones_kids_a_head_start_in_life.jpg
When I was a little kid the very first week I was in school I was so excited about going on I guess the third day that I left home early and got to school I guess about 20 or 30 minutes early. No one was there when I got there Being 6 years old the empty old school house looked pretty creepy. SO I went back home. From then through High school I never once got to school early.
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

535557492_777675151426313_5719187102227433138_n.jpg
535557492_777675151426313_5719187102227433138_n.jpg (105.96 KiB) Viewed 12090 times
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: ↑19 Aug 2025 23:36 535557492_777675151426313_5719187102227433138_n.jpg
And she was heard to scream "If you can't stand the heat...."
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image

At least the dog is not male.
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

To_decline_politely.jpg
To_decline_politely.jpg (213.81 KiB) Viewed 10385 times
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Show_me_the_candy.jpg
Show_me_the_candy.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 10339 times
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Had to think about this one for a minute

Image
Doc
Posts: 718
Joined: 29 Sep 2024 14:26

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Doc »

Image
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse . . .

. . . I knew I should’ve gotten a carbon monoxide detector.
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Time_to_die.jpg
Time_to_die.jpg (33.27 KiB) Viewed 10100 times
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Bush.jpg
Bush.jpg (66.68 KiB) Viewed 10100 times
Typhoon
Posts: 3989
Joined: 28 Sep 2024 19:06

Re: Dark Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

Mrs_Munson.png
Mrs_Munson.png (2.5 MiB) Viewed 10100 times
Post Reply