Is America insane?

Carbizene

Is America insane?

Post by Carbizene »

Indiana:

[Becker] has introduced a bill that would set specific “performance standards” for singing and playing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at any event sponsored by public schools and state universities.

The law also would cover private schools receiving state or local scholarship funds, including vouchers.

Performers would have to sign a contract agreeing to follow the guidelines. Musicians — whether amateur or professional — would be fined $25 if it were deemed they failed to meet the appropriate standards.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Is America insane?

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

You don't need no law........

Just state the obvious. Somewhere between Mahalia Jackson and now, the pinnacle of that approach to singing the Banner has been reached. Stop with it, and try something else. If this bothers Becker so much that he has to do something about this, simply issue vuvuzelas to attendants of the public event. Let their sense of propriety and good taste determine if that particular rendition should be allowed to stand, or 'edited' out.....:P.........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Post by monster_gardener »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:You don't need no law........

Just state the obvious. Somewhere between Mahalia Jackson and now, the pinnacle of that approach to singing the Banner has been reached. Stop with it, and try something else. If this bothers Becker so much that he has to do something about this, simply issue vuvuzelas to attendants of the public event. Let their sense of propriety and good taste determine if that particular rendition should be allowed to stand, or 'edited' out.....:P.........
Thank you Very Much for your post, Miss Faucie/LizzrdGrrl.

Are you advocating a switch :wink: in the national song or just sounding out silly singers* rather than switching :wink: them

Wonder if this would apply to parodies: José, bedbugs, picking a few; red, white & blue, fees, knaves etc........... ;) **

More seriously, AIUI many have proposed having "America the Beautiful" as the national anthem rather that this former drinking song but "America the Beautiful" has the G word in it and some people (not Hindus) would have a Cow about that :wink:

The drinking song leaves G_d out of it............

* baring oops I mean barring none oops I mean Roseanne Barr

ls1YVhcLD2c

The Star Mangled Spanner ***

O, José, can you see
Any bedbugs on me
If you do,
Pick a few
For the red, white & blue
O say does that star mangled spanner still wave
O'er the Land of the fee
And the home of the knave.....

And there is also an interesting version of "My Country T'is of Thee I heard sung by some kids on the street which a ex Navy man confirmed to me.....

My country didn't like me
So I went to Germany (Navy version: they gave me a BCD (bad conduct discharge))
To See the King.
He looks like Donald Duck (Navy version: IIRC was something about the commanding officer but I have forgotten almost all of it)
He drives a garbage truck
And the streets are never clean
Because he's King (he must be making deliveries rather than pick ups :wink:)

There's more from grade school days: "My Eyes have seen the Glory of the Coming of Lord/Burning of the School: VERY hard on teachers:rulers, guns, rotten tangerines......), Marine Corp Hymn (From Principals office to PTA, breaking every rule in each and every way, proud to be known as the teacher's little pests.....)

***Wrench was damaged by a wench/wretch during a mission in outer space or was it financial space..........
Last edited by monster_gardener on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Exhibit B: Frothy is equal to Paul and Romney in Iowa.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Exhibit C: Vanity Fair pollsters found 28% of Americans apparently believe there are a billion Americans.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Looking for a definition of insanity?

Despite contributing a completely negligible percentage to total man-made CO2, the Aussies self-imposed a carbon tax to solve a non-existent problem of the future.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

An obsession can be seen as indicative of insanity.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Most Americans are simply a people who lack depth. That can be a good thing, as evidenced by their generally upright, helpful, and optimistic disposition, but also a very bad thing, when it turns into self-defeating ignorance.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Mental illness can manifest itself in ways other than violent arguments with Stop signs.

A common thread is the break from reality which is supported by lies as seen in Hillary Clinton's discussion of TPSP:

"We are also making progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which will bring together economies from across the Pacific -- developed and developing alike -- into a single trading community. Our goal is to create not just more growth, but better growth. We believe trade agreements need to include strong protections for workers, the environment, intellectual property, and innovation. They should also promote the free flow of information technology and the spread of green technology, as well as the coherence of our regulatory system and the efficiency of supply chains."

She makes no mention that TPSP excludes China thus her statement on a single trading community across the Pacific is a lie thus she is enabling Mental illness.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Maybe it's deliberately intended to exclude the Chinese from trade. What do a bunch of Maoists need trade for anyway? ;)
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Yeah it is, another brain fart from Bush the Younger, I don't think those Maoists give a lavender either way...what with their 9% pa growth an all. : )
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Carbizene wrote:Yeah it is, another brain fart from Bush the Younger, I don't think those Maoists give a lavender either way...what with their 9% pa growth an all. : )
Yeah, sure, 9% growth. I guess that means more cars for the savages to murder themselves with or something.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Carbizene wrote:Mental illness can manifest itself in ways other than violent arguments with Stop signs.

A common thread is the break from reality which is supported by lies as seen in Hillary Clinton's discussion of TPSP:

"We are also making progress on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), which will bring together economies from across the Pacific -- developed and developing alike -- into a single trading community. Our goal is to create not just more growth, but better growth. We believe trade agreements need to include strong protections for workers, the environment, intellectual property, and innovation. They should also promote the free flow of information technology and the spread of green technology, as well as the coherence of our regulatory system and the efficiency of supply chains."

She makes no mention that TPSP excludes China thus her statement on a single trading community across the Pacific is a lie thus she is enabling Mental illness.
Of course it excludes China. Don't they always claim any attempt to link those bolded issues above with trade agreements constitutes cultural interference?
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Zack Morris wrote:
Carbizene wrote:Yeah it is, another brain fart from Bush the Younger, I don't think those Maoists give a lavender either way...what with their 9% pa growth an all. : )
Yeah, sure, 9% growth. I guess that means more cars for the savages to murder themselves with or something.
You are joking right? I am un-familar with your MO.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

cincinnatus wrote:
Carbizene wrote:Mental illness can manifest itself in ways other than violent arguments with Stop signs.

Of course it excludes China. Don't they always claim any attempt to link those bolded issues above with trade agreements constitutes cultural interference?
Australia was developing a Free trade agreement with China, it's future now seems murky but there were/is minnimal 'Cultural caveats' involved hence the name 'Free trade agreement'.

Considering the TPSP is in effect a embargo on China with inherent effects on Culture there are grounds to claim interference.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Carbizene wrote: Australia was developing a Free trade agreement with China, it's future now seems murky but there were/is minnimal 'Cultural caveats' involved hence the name 'Free trade agreement'.
How would free trade with China work? As far as I know, the Chinese lobbied for years to be allowed membership into the WTO only to proceed to use it to export freely while restricting what foreign businesses could do in China. Despite having benefited greatly from them, the Chinese have very little faith in Western institutions and constructs like 'free trade pacts'. I think people are starting to wise up to it.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Max Keiser predicts Britain will be the first country to declare a long Bank holiday.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Zack Morris wrote:
Carbizene wrote: Australia was developing a Free trade agreement with China, it's future now seems murky but there were/is minnimal 'Cultural caveats' involved hence the name 'Free trade agreement'.
How would free trade with China work? As far as I know, the Chinese lobbied for years to be allowed membership into the WTO only to proceed to use it to export freely while restricting what foreign businesses could do in China. Despite having benefited greatly from them, the Chinese have very little faith in Western institutions and constructs like 'free trade pacts'. I think people are starting to wise up to it.
Don't know the details, no doubt China will use it's size in nefarious ways but a involved Tiger is better than a pissed off, cornered one.

We had a Prime minister in Australia who was openly critical of China and yet a strong Global spruiker of more engagement, that is until US operatives sacked him recently.

TPSP is nothing to do with developing fair trade it is a Strategic mechanism to limit China's growth and power so the US remains 'on top' a bit longer.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Carbizene wrote:Max Keiser predicts Britain will be the first country to declare a long Bank holiday.
Isn't Max Keiser a huge fan of the Euro zone? He sounded like he was a hair's breadth away from an aneurysm when Britain decided to pull away. Does this guy actually know anything?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:
Carbizene wrote:Max Keiser predicts Britain will be the first country to declare a long Bank holiday.
Isn't Max Keiser a huge fan of the Euro zone? He sounded like he was a hair's breadth away from an aneurysm when Britain decided to pull away. Does this guy actually know anything?
Probably as much as any talking head pundit . . . bupkes.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

lol..like you know...exactly how long have you worked as a Stock broker? Keiser was selling shares on Wall st when your mother was wiping your arse.

Keiser was probably just amazed at the penetration the UK has achieved up the US.

The only thing Keiser is a fan of is Silver.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Bank holidays! I'd forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder big bad billy. That will be fun.
Censorship isn't necessary
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Indeed. Glad to be of service.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Carbizene wrote:lol..like you know...exactly how long have you worked as a Stock broker? Keiser was selling shares on Wall st when your mother was wiping your arse.
How does this qualify him as an expert on British banking?
Carbizene wrote:Keiser was probably just amazed at the penetration the UK has achieved up the US.

In the long run, we're all dead.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Typhoon wrote:
Carbizene wrote:lol..like you know...exactly how long have you worked as a Stock broker? Keiser was selling shares on Wall st when your mother was wiping your arse.
How does this qualify him as an expert on British banking?
London is a central part of the Global Financial system of which he has great understanding and insight.
Carbizene wrote:Keiser was probably just amazed at the penetration the UK has achieved up the US.

In the long run, we're all dead.
So why bother talking about anything? personally I prefer to know what is going on and plan accordingly.

MP pointed out Bank holidays had slipped his mind and one would expect this would influence his portfolio.